AdvExt - is leading PTS-bases Extender developing team that since 2005 provides high quality Lineage2 server packages. This Wiki-project was created to descibe the technical documentation for better understanding and more effective usage of AdvExt products. We hope it will will be useful for both novice and experienced users of Lineage2 PTS packages.
Current AdvExt products line is presented by the following versions:
Despite the fact that the AdvExt products are tested and ready for use by users without deep technical experience, in order to better understand the system, to take full advantage of its possibilities and avoid typical mistakes while using it we recommend to familiarize with the information provided below.
- Equipment minimum requirements for the AdvExt products are:
- CPU: 64-bit AMD or Intel. There are no specific requirements for clock speed or model. If the CPU supports HyperThreading, this function must be disabled in the BIOS.
- RAM: 16 GB (for larger projects - more). Memory usage is not directly dependent on the number of players online, but highly recommend to have a substantial stock of memory.
- HDD: The higher the estimated online, the higher the requirements for the disk space. For large projects it is recommended to use the raid arrays or SSD/SAS drives.
- Internet connection: 100 Mbit/s.
- Every AdvExt version should be running on the x64 server platforms and requires the Windows Server 64-bit OS 2008 or higher.
- x64 MSSQL 2005 or higher. We recommend Standart version from this torrent-package.
Preparing for the first start of AdvExt
So, you have become the proud owner of one of the AdvExt products. Unzip gained product files at any convenient place. For example: C:\L2Server\
Installation using Configuration tool:
- Launch C:\L2Server\ConfiguratorAdvExt.exe
- Fill in all fields and generate necessary data.
- Launch SQL Server Management Studio.
- Press Connect, choose your server --> Databases.
- Execute all scripts from C:\L2Server\SQL Scripts\update to the lin2world database, from update_auth - to lin2db database.
- Firewall settings
- Ports 2106 and 7777 should be opened.
In case of installation using configuration tool failed try to use manual installation: Manual Server Installation
Order of the applications launch
Each of the AdvExt base product's components are located in the following folders:
- AdvExt64 - It contains the main configuration and license files of the AdvExt extender. Main gameplay customizations are done by the modifying of ini-files located here.
- CacheD - one of the server applications that provides a logical connection between MSSQL-database and core of the system - L2Server.
- GEODATA - in this folder height maps of the Lineage2 game world, region collisions and NPC routes located.
- auth - authorization server. All new game sessions are passing through it and it decides wether to let the player into the game world or not.
- html - all in-game dialogs are placed in this folder in the format of htm. Even if the file format looks like HTML but includes PTS-specific syntax and is very limited compared to the standard HTML functionality.
- L2NPC - server application which is responsible for all the NPCs in the game world: their creation, behavior and despawn.
- L2Server - the main application of the product, connects all its modules, ensuring their interaction, processing game logic and mechanics.
- script - server scripts that determine the description of all components and parameters of the game world Lineage2: items, skills, area, NPC and AI, castles and clan halls, etc. etc.
If you purchased additional AdvExt products or services, the number of the provided may differ. Please, find description for the additional components in the documentation attached to the destributed product. The above mentioned list describes the basic components of the AdvExt extender.
Php-functions to send Cached commands
There php-based functions that allow communication between web-interface and Cached port to make different DB changes that do not require Cached reboot.